Thursday 3 October 2019

Recent videos of Kadé Diawara [2018]

Note: though it's a pure coincidence that I post this now, one day after Guinee celebrated its 61 years of independence on October.02, it's fitting perfect!


Searching for more info about my previous post, Fodeba Keita and the Ballets Africains, I came across recent videos of Kadé Diawara, about who I have made several posts [incl.K7s] on this blog in 2016.
She seems to be doing much better than the latest information I could post about her in 2016, so herewith 2 videos about her [both from 2018.March], in which she is even singing with full power at the age of 78 [! she's born in 1940!]

I'm still alive [Kadé Diawara] - 2018.Mar.01




Kadé Diawara - The golden voice of Guinean music, worried - 2018.Mar.10

Kadé Diawara worried... about the unemployment of her grandson




2019.Sep article by Justin Morel Junior [Guinean writer, a.o.Syliphone liner notes, and journalist]

Here the most recent news, an article by Justin Morel Junior published 2019.Sep.09 at guineeconakry.online

It's in French, so herewith a quick [google with corrections] translation of the first and last lines:
"The Guinean musical encyclopedia, The limpid Voice pure and stainless Hadja Kadé Diawara has devoted her whole life to raising loudly Guinean musical repertoire. "The Archangel of Manding" as affectionately called by Justin Morel Junior, gave her body and soul for 53 years to defend the rich Guinean cultural heritage through music. Today, more than 79 years old, and despite her recurring health problems, the old lady is always ready for the enhancement of Guinean and African culture.
......
Kadé Diawara is a source of knowledge, a monument for Guinean and even African culture. It's nice to do well, but doing it on time is better. Bravo!"




NEVER EVER FORGET:

"il faut me pardonner - you must forgive me"

Pap Djah's last words before left on his own in the Sahara desert (in Niger)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much, nice news must be shared, finding Kade with such strength is very comforting.

    By the way, the first video, although not my French is not very advanced, I translate it as "I'm still alive"!, not, "I live again" (:

    ReplyDelete