Nakany KantéThe first one from Guinee (and Spain): Nakany Kanté with Naka (2016).
Since 2009 she's living in Barcelona, and this seems to be her 2nd album already (english bio) after her debut EP.
|Live performance of the song "Djanfa" included in the new album "Naka."|
More to listen and watch:
- Her first EP Tounka (2012) at bandcamp
- Her first album Saramaya (2014) at soundcloud
- Concert for RTVE Radio 3 (2015.May.28)
- In store concert: Nakany Kanté presents "Naka" at Disco100 (2016.Apr.23, Barcelona)
Vieux KantéThe second one from Mali: Vieux Kanté with The Young Man's Harp (2016).
Vieux Kanté, real name Noumoussa Soumaoro, born in 1974 in the Sikasso region in south-west Mali and blind from childhood, mastered to play the kamalé ngoni aka. young man's harp. He developed his instrument from the original 6 to his 12 strings and, as he stated himself, could even play notes although they were not on his instrument "by doing those himself, using his own head".
|Vieux Kanté solo on n'goni - LOVE THIS ONE!! where's this from?? is there more??|
He was he was considered one of the most dynamic and accomplished solo players in Mali, leading his own band and had recorded a cassette (K7). Unfortunately after a sudden illness Vieux Kanté died unexpectedly in 2005, only 31 years of age. The K7 recorded shortly before his death is now, 11 years later, released internationally by Sterns Music titled The Young Man's Harp.
Curious if the recorded K7 has been in the local market stalls in 2005 in Mali, and if the new release is the pure original or if it has been toyed with for the international 2016 market?
More about Vieux Kanté:
- promotion info about new release
- promo video by Sterns Music
- Vieux Kanté, master of the n'goni - wedding in Bamako
- live (sans commentaire) with Abou Diarra in Conakry (2005)
- tribute by Abou Diarra (2008/2010)
Profiter de la musique!